HARGEISA – President Musa Bihi Abdi appointed 19 new officials to four government agencies in a Presidential Decree on Tuesday (Oct 16).
The 19 new officials, all of whom were men, are not relatively known to the Somaliland public – many are political newcomers.
As soon as the decree came out, the Center for Policy Analysis (CPA), a local think-tank based in Hargeisa, Somaliland, criticized the President’s decision to name 19 new officials without appointing one female.
Below are the names of the new government officials, and the government agencies they’ve been assigned to.
1) Somaliland Good Governance Commission.
1. Member – Ahmed Jama Mohamud
2. Member – Abdulqadir Haji Ismail Mohamed
3. Member – Mohamed Ahmed Awaleh
4. Member – Liban Ismail Abdullahi
5. Member – Dayib Adan Haji Ali
2) Somaliland National Aids Commission (SOLNAC)
1. Director of Operations – Nasir Ayjeh Jama
2. Director of Awareness & Outreach – Muhyadin Yusuf Ibrahim
3. Director of Human Resources – Mohamed Jama Said
4. Director of Medical Treatment – Mohamed Abib Yusuf
3) Somaliland Quality Control Commission
1. Member – Faysal Mohamud Said
2. Member – Mohamed Ismail Dhimbil Suufi
3. Member – Ali Sheekh Muhumed Aw Cabdi
4. Member – Hasan Mohamud Mohamed(Bakoosh)
4) Somaliland Higher Education Commission
1. Chairman – Hussein Haji Hasan Guled
2. Vice-Chairman – Mohamed Hassan Sheikh Mumin
3. Member – Abdirisaq Muse Farah
4. Member – Osman Jama Aada
5. Member – Abdi Ismail Yonis
6. Member – Ahmed Ali Hersi (Sulub)
This is a developing story. Please check back at The National for more.